For children who declined consent due to porcine content and who HAVE NOT yet been outcomed.
You can search for the children in each individual school from the school view. In the search box where you see a list of pupils - type in ‘porcine’ and this will list any entries 'Flu - Declined porcine content’. You can also find them on an excel spreadsheet if you download a school list. This will provide the parent’s email address.
Open the consent, find the parents' contact details by choosing the 'referral details’ tab on the
left, then choosing '2021 Flu parent details’.
- Contact the parent to offer the inactivated vaccine with no porcine gelatine content.
- If the parent gives consent to the injectable vaccine, change the child consent status from No to Yes.
- To do this go to the Immunisations tab on the left and click the button which says ‘Action’ and choose ‘Update consent status’ from the drop-down menu. In the next display where it says ‘Please select new status’ choose ‘Consent given’. Select the next step in the process from the drop-down - it should be ‘Flu Ready’ in most cases unless you have to do any further clinical triage. Write a note in the ‘Please explain why this consent is being changed’ section outlining that a call has been made and consent has been changed due to the offer of inactivated vaccine. Include in the notes that you have asked the triage questions. We can have another process in the clinic where we give a questionnaire at the time of vaccination. Click on ‘Confirm’ once the update has been completed. On the child home page, you will see the updated timeline showing the step that you have just moved the consent to. If you click on the Imms tab on the left you will see ‘Consent given’ as the Imms consent status.
- Next, move the child’s consent from school into the community clinic.
- To do this, go to the child’s home page view, in the Immunisations summary section on the right, click on the blue up-arrow next to the school name. In the next screen search for the name of the clinic, then click on it when it appears. Then click on the blue button with the new clinic name on the bottom right of the window. IMPORTANT: Make a note of the school that you are moving this child from.
- The notes outlining that the child is for the inactivated flu vaccine will appear on the iPad in the
2021 Flu Clinical triage form and will need to be checked before the child is vaccinated. The health questionnaire will need to be run through at the time of vaccination. The vaccine type will show as nasal Flu so you will need to add a note that this was the inactivated vaccine in the additional notes section.
- Once the child has been outcomed at the clinic, their consent will have to be removed from
the community clinic and moved back into the original school for the purposes of
- When you download the Careplus Report, you will need to manually update the vaccine type and details. At the moment it will default to NASFLU, you would need to filter it by
batch number and then put in the vaccine type you want against that batch number.