This article will take you through how to manage referrals on the referral dashboard. This covers
- Viewing the referral dashboard
- Locking and unlocking a referral
- Setting a referral priority
- Recording an event
- Progressing to the next step
- Reassigning to another pathway.
Step 1: Go to the Referral dashboard
When you click on a patient, you will be taken to the referral dashboard. Here you will see the patient demographics for your selected patient.
The main actions you can undertake are:
- View documents - this is covered under: How do I view and download a referral document?
- View the referral chart
- Lock / unlock a referral
- Set the referral priority
- Record an event
- Progress to the next step
- Re-assign to another pathway
Step 2: Lock/unlock a referral
The lock icon on the right-hand side enables you to lock a referral whilst reviewing and editing it. You should then unlock the referral once you have completed your work. To note: a referral will unlock when you progress to the next step.
Step 3: Set the Referral Priority
A priority can be set against the referral. This wording is configurable for example, it could be Urgent, Routine and Planned.
Step 4: Record an Event
Events can be recorded against a referral at any point. For example, an event can be a letter sent, a document uploaded, a call made or an email received.
An attachment can also be uploaded here to support an event.
Step 5: Progressing to the next step
Once an email referral has been reviewed, you can progress the referral to the next step on the referral dashboard as shown below.
Progressing to the next step involves clicking the relevant step under “Move forwards” as shown below. For example, the referral could move to Clinical Awaiting more information, Upload to TPP Systm1 or Completed as shown below (to note, these steps are configurable).
You will also need to provide an explanation of why you are taking this action before clicking 'Confirm'.
Step 6: Reassign to another pathway
If you decide that a referral needs to move pathways, you can do this by clicking the “Reassign Pathway” button on the right-hand side of the referral dashboard (under “Actions”).
This will allow you to:
- Select the pathway where you would like to move the referral to
- Select the appropriate step within that pathway (i.e. received an email, awaiting more information, upload to TPP Systm1).
- Select the appropriate service line
- You also need to provide a description to support this decision.
Once a referral has been re-assigned, it will appear in the pathway dashboard (see How to manage referrals on the pathway dashboard).
It will also appear as a timeline event in the referral dashboard when you select the patient. This will include the date, time, who the referral was re-assigned by, and which pathway it has come from.
Please sign in to leave a comment.