This section explains how to use the app to record the outcomes of immunisations. Once you have been allocated to clinics, you will see -once you log into the app- the list of clinics for that day.
- Select a clinic: Select the clinic needed. In this example, we are going to select "Our Lady Queen of Heaven RC School" for the Injectable Flu program.
- Select a child: Once inside the clinic, you will see the whole list of children waiting to be vaccinated (the "Waiting" section is selected by default). Select a child (e.g. "Angel Tree" ).
Immunisation consultation page: When a child has been selected, you will see the referral information for that patient and a demographic header. This includes the following fields: Child details, Parent details, Consent details, Clinical triage, and Outcome. The Outcome section is the only one that can be edited. The detail forms are not editable and therefore they have the lock symbol.
Viewing consent details: In this section, you can see the consent details provided for the child. In this case, you can see the triage symbol which alerts nurses to check if this child is OK to be vaccinated. For more information regarding the Clinical triage steps, please check our guide on this subject.
Creating an immunisation outcome: To record the outcome of an immunisation, an outcome form for the correct immunisation type needs to be completed.
Click on the ‘Outcome’ field and complete all the boxes here. This includes:
- Vaccination given: Yes / No (Reason not given)
- Site: Left arm / Right arm / Nasal
- Batch number
- Expiry date
- Clinic time (defaults to current time)
- Additional notes.
Then click 'Save'.
Submit consultation outcome: Once you have filled in the Outcome details, click ‘Submit’ on the immunisation consultation page and you will receive a ‘Sent Consultation Outcome’ message. If this button has not been pressed, the message will not be sent to RIVIAM.
Now this child will appear in the 'Seen' section so everyone synced in that clinic can see that this child has been outcomed and seen by a nurse:
In the 'by Me' section will appear all the children you have outcome on the clinic.